Subject: Thanks, it works! was: Re: exec /sbin/init: error 8 on an LC II
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Stefan Witzgall <stefan.witzgall@online.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/19/2002 06:18:28
Hi David,

>I grabbed the binary kernel from -current and the latest version of the
>booter and immediately it worked. I realize you said you installed the
>latest available version, but just in case you did not mean the -current
>version I thought I'd mention this.
>
>Hope this helps,

I downloaded kern-Generic.tgz current version and installed it. Also
Booter2.0.0a7.sea.hqx. And great wonder ... it works. I have an Macintosh
LC II (LCII, if Google wonders ;-), 68k Mac with 6 MB RAM running NetBSD.

Thank you very much. If I had had your advise earlier I would have saved
two days or more of silly work.

Now it seems I'm running into the usal Unix / NetBSD / mac68k -
administration miracles ... useradd refuses to write to the filesystem (was
it /etc?). Seems as if I have to read the documentation about a running
system. Has anyone said something about a learning curve ;-?

Thank you again David!

Stefan