Subject: Re: exec /sbin/init: error 8 on an LC II
To: None <port-mac68k@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Stefan Witzgall <stefan.witzgall@online.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/18/2002 20:06:17
Hi David,

>Hi Stefan,
>
>I just installed NetBSD 1.5.2 from the ISO image on my Centris 660 AV and
>had the same problem, which may be related to yours. In my case, I found a
>reference to the solution in the archive (from this January I think) that
>the 1.5.2 distribution kernel was broken for the Centris 660 AV, and the

broken in the sense that it would hang the machine I think is meant.

As I mentioned in the first post in this thread I found the set base.tgz
was broken in the sense that the installer cancelled the installation. This
was base.tgz I got some weeks ago. Is this a well known bug or am I the
member of a small group with this problem (solved with download of the set
two days ago).

>solution was to try with the -current kernel and booter.
>
>I grabbed the binary kernel from -current and the latest version of the
>booter and immediately it worked. I realize you said you installed the
>latest available version, but just in case you did not mean the -current
>version I thought I'd mention this.

I meant the set base.tgz, because I thought there was the problem. See my
lines above.

>Hope this helps,

It will be worth a try, thank you very much for your tipp.

Stefan