Subject: color X server with ELF snapshot?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Mark E. Perkins <perkinsm@bway.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/14/2002 12:19:32
Greetings,
For the past couple of months I've been running a color X server under
NetBSD 1.5 on a Q840av. Everything seems to be working just fine.

Last night I loaded the most recent ELF snapshot on a second Q840av (virgin
install). I installed the same color X server on the ELF machine and get
the following error when I try to run it:

/usr/libexec/ld.so: X: libgnumalloc.so.0.0: No such file or directory

Problem is that libgnumalloc.so.0.0 is right there in /usr/lib. Probing the
X server with ldd indicates that lib{m,z,c} are also indicate "not found",
though they're also in /usr/lib. Probing the default X server (which runs
fine) finds lib{m,z,c} in /usr/lib.

Is this an ELF vs. a.out problem? Or is it a 1.5 vs. -current problem?
The color X server I'm using is Xmac68k_color from

        ftp://murphy.dyndns.org/pub/mac68k_Xservers/

Anyone else using this server under the ELF snapshot? If so, what's the
trick?

Thanks,
Mark