Subject: Incorrect Memory and Bus Error
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Rob Jennings <robjennings@powersurfr.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/09/2002 18:18:45
Thanks to everyone who has helped me with previous questions.

I now have two different problems:

First, my IIci has 8MB of RAM.  This is correctly identified by Mac
OS.  However, NetBSD only identifies 4MB.  dmesg reveals that the
machine has 4MB total and approximately 3.7MB available.

Second, the IIci has crashed with the following:

trap type 0, code = 0xf64d, v = 0x393dc00
kernel program counter = 0x38a8
Kernel: Bus error trap
pid = 1, pc = 000038A8, ps = 2700, sfc = 1, dfc = 1
Registers: ...
Kernel stack ...
(I'm typing this by hand.  Do you need more?  Is there anyway to capture this?)
panic: Bus error
Stopped in init at	_cpu_Debugger+0x6:	unlk	a6

It ends with what I assume to be the debugger prompt.  Any help would
be appreciated.  This did occur some unknown time after a receiver
ring buffer overrun on ae0 message.  The buffer overrun message
occurs sporadically but doesn't appear to cause problems.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob
--