Subject: ipnat with 3 interfaces
To: port-mac68k@netbsd.org <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: robjennings@powersurfr.com <robjennings@powersurfr.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 04/05/2002 17:06:49
I have a IIci with three Asante MC3NB Ethernet interfaces.  ae0 is
configured via dhclient and connected to my cable modem. ae1 is
configured as 192.168.0.1 and connected to my iMac (192.168.0.3).  I'm
running ipnat to provide Internet access to the iMac and it works great.

This took approximately 15 minutes to configure in spite of the fact that
is my first experience with NetBSD or any UNIX-style operating system
in general.  I'm really appreciative of the work done by the NetBSD
developers and the individuals responsible for the documentation and
FAQs.

At this point I'd like to connect an LC II to the IIci on ae2.  I'd like to
provide Internet access to the LC II.  The LC II is running Mac OS 7.1.

I tried configuring ae2 as 192.168.0.2.  I configured the LC II as
192.168.0.4 and specified 192.168.0.2 as the default router.

That didn't work.  I could not ping the LC II.  Ping would respond that the
host was down.

Were the packets intended for the LC II travelling down ae1?  Do I need
to put ae2 and the LC II on a different network like 192.168.1.x?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

http://mail2web.com/ .