Subject: Re: ide installation
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@murphy.dyndns.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/30/2002 19:07:26
On Saturday, March 30, 2002, at 05:50 PM, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
> Date: Sat Mar 30, 2002  05:50:58 PM US/Central
> To: schaecsn@gmx.net
> Cc: port-mac68k@netbsd.org
> Subject: Re: ide installation
>
> On Sat, 30 Mar 2002 schaecsn@gmx.net wrote:
>
>> SCSI drives? Inside on the front left side is some space for an
>> additional
>> harddisk or CDROM drive. I assume there is the SCSI interface, but I
>> have
>> never seen such an adaptor
>> for SCSI drives.
>
> The CDROM is SCSI, so you could easily put a drive in that bay, and
> the 25-pin connector on the back is for an external scsi drive. The
> cables are readily available anywhere computer hardware is sold,
> assuming you can find an external drive.

Other World Computing (wwww.macsales.com) is selling refurb 4.3Gig
Quantum SCSI drives for $30.  One of these would work in the CD slot
internally, or can be mounted in an external case.  I have one of these
Quantum Vikings installed internally in my old Performa-550 replacing
the original 160Meg drive -- but I paid full price for it a few years
ago.

-bob