Subject: getting libc to work better on an LC040
To: None <debian-68k@lists.debian.org, mac68k@openbsd.org, port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Bruce O'Neel <beoneel@bluewin.ch>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/29/2002 15:30:32
Hi,

After a bit of work I've gotten libc built with -msoft-float and a
userland FP emulator.  This basically stops dynamically linked
programs which do no FP work on thier own from segfaulting on a LC040
system.  In real life terms it means that cc and friends have a good
chance of working so one can bootstrap other crashing programs at this
point.  More details at:

http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/beoneel/NetBSD.html

binaries at:

http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/beoneel/download/libc-bin-20020329.tar.gz

source at:

http://www.mysunrise.ch/users/beoneel/download/libc-src-20020327.tar.gz

Note that this is based on the 1.5.2 NetBSD libc code.  If you
download it and would like to be kept informed as I make changes
please drop me a note.  I'm somewhat pleased since it makes my
PowerBook 540c work much more reliably, though not perfectly.

cheers

bruce

--
Of course it runs NetBSD

Bruce O'Neel                       phone:  +41 22 950 91 57
INTEGRAL Science Data Centre               +41 22 950 91 00 (switchb.)
Chemin d'Ecogia 16                 fax:    +41 22 950 91 35
CH-1290 VERSOIX                    e-mail: Bruce.Oneel@obs.unige.ch
Switzerland                        WWW:    http://isdc.unige.ch/