Subject: Re: [Newbie] How to read this info?
To: Pieter Coolsma <pieter@coolsma.com>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/28/2002 16:15:58
At 11:53 AM +0100 3/25/02, Pieter Coolsma wrote:
>Can somebody tell me how to read this info? What does it mean?

Hi Pieter :-)

>  Is ok that .mk.conf is missing?

mk.conf is a file to tell "make" how to react when you're building
stuff from source. There are default behaviors, and you would use
/etc/mk.conf to override those behaviors. It's perfectly fine to have
either no mk.conf or a blank one on current systems.

><begin>
>
>Checking the /etc/master.passwd file:
>Login toor is off but still has a valid shell (/bin/sh)

This is normal...toor is a safety net in case root is screwy for some
reason. I don't know anyone who has ever needed to use it, but it's
there by default.

On my alpha, these are all brw-r-----.

On my alpha, these are all crw-r-----.

>Disk /dev/sd0b is user root, group wheel, permissions brw-r-----.

On my alpha, this is root:operator

>Checking special files and directories.
>usr/pkgsrc:
>	permissions (0755, 0775)
>missing: ./etc/mk.conf

It's only complaining because it has a list of files to check the
permissions on, and mk.conf is one of them. So it can't check the
permissions if the file is missing.

HTH
Mike
--