Subject: Re: Ethernet Interfaces
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Rob Jennings <robjennings@powersurfr.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/26/2002 22:01:28

>  >
>>  I have two of these cards.  They seem to be acknowledged during the
>>  boot process, but they cause the system to hang if I try ifconfig or
>  > dhclient.
>
>Do you have a video card (or other nubus card) in one of your other slots?
>That usually causes a hang at probe time, though.  This sounds like
>the card isn't quite being identified properly or perhaps something's
>not handling (or recieving) an interrupt properly.
>
>-allen

I've tried booting with a single Apple Ethernet NB Twisted Pair Card
and with both.  I have no other NuBus cards installed.

The dmesg results of my last boot with a single card installed
indicate the following (typed here by hand):

sn0 at nubus0 slot c: Apple Ethernet NB Twisted-Pair Card
sn0: Ethernet address:  00:00:ff:ff:00:00

I'm assuming the above is intended to indicate the hardware address,
but it is incorrect.  It looks like you are right and the card is not
being identified properly.  What could cause this?

Rob
--
Have you played Atari today?