Subject: Re: Ethernet Interfaces
To: Rob Jennings <robjennings@powersurfr.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/26/2002 22:34:25
On Tue, Mar 26, 2002 at 07:43:24PM -0700, Rob Jennings wrote:
> Is the Apple Ethernet NB Twisted Pair Card supported?  This is a
> DP83934 card with a single 10BaseT interface.  It is different from
> the Apple Ethernet NB Card and it does not appear to contain a 68000.
>
> I have two of these cards.  They seem to be acknowledged during the
> boot process, but they cause the system to hang if I try ifconfig or
> dhclient.

Do you have a video card (or other nubus card) in one of your other slots?
That usually causes a hang at probe time, though.  This sounds like
the card isn't quite being identified properly or perhaps something's
not handling (or recieving) an interrupt properly.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...