Subject: Re: NetBSD/mac68k has now switched to using ELF.
To: Reinier Jonker <rjgjonker@xs4all.nl>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/25/2002 10:47:02
[ cc list trimmed ]

On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 04:40:04PM +0100, Reinier Jonker wrote:
> Does this build have compat_aout enabled? I'm still running mostly a.out
> binaries.

Steve can answer this one for sure, but I believe all (non-custom)
kernels will be able to run a.out for a while.

> I think I'm going to build everything myself when the next release
> version is there. When will 1.6 (or 1.5.3) be released?

"when they're released"

The ELF change only affects 1.6.  1.5.3 is mostly complete and the
release branch doesn't get the more "interesting" (read: "potentially
destabilizing" ;-) changes.

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...