Subject: Re: NetBSD mac68k ELF
To: Martin Espinoza <mespinoza41@mchsi.com>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/22/2002 14:59:41
On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 09:33:54AM -0800, Martin Espinoza wrote:
> I did, just to hedge my bets. It takes an agonizingly long time to build
> a kernel (let alone the whole OS) on my IIci and I don't have another
> netbsd system on which I can build a cross-compiler - the closest thing
> I have is cygwin, and I don't trust it that far - So I'm doing all of my
> compilation natively.

Is there any particular reason you don't want to update to a snapshot?
Steve Allen has been making and posting about ELF snapshots for a while.
Don't forget to get the new booter, too!

Also, ELF will become the default very soon.  Takeshi Shibagaki has been
working hard to get the ducks in a row for making a switch for current in
just a couple of days.

Cheers,
-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD development for Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SuperH, XScale, etc...