Subject: Re: IIci netbsd update, mostly working...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Espinoza <mespinoza41@mchsi.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/20/2002 17:24:49
Big Bird wrote:
> You said that you had an 8*24 _GC_. The web page says that the 8*24 is
> working but the 8*24 GC is not working.
>
> The reason I asked it as a question rather than making a statement is
> that the web page is dated 2001/02/04, so I didn't know if the status
> had changed since.
>
> The 8*24GC is the accelerated version of the 8*24 and there may be
> problems with it for the same reason there may be problems with the
> Iifx and Q9x0.

Hmm, shiver me timbers. I didn't realize that they were different cards
- I didn't read far enough down once I saw that "8.24" was working. My
bad. In any case, it works at least a little bit, as I am able to boot
the system almost all the way in graphics mode, or all the way in serial
console mode, and I can start an X server though it admittedly does not
work properly. Of course, it think it's dealing with a much smaller
display than it really has.

I guess that could possibly explain my cnopen panic (NODEV) but I still
wish I knew just what that meant. Thank you, in any case, for pointing
out my mistake. I will doublecheck when I next halt my IIci but I am
pretty sure it is in fact the GC, I remember a lot of things quite
clearly from the time when my mother first got her IIci back when it was
a really good system... you know, before I discovered intoxicants.