Subject: Re: IIci netbsd update, mostly working...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Big Bird <geary@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/20/2002 19:01:10
Martin Espinoza <mespinoza41@mchsi.com> writes:
< Big Bird wrote:
< > Martin Espinoza <mespinoza41@mchsi.com> writes:
< > < I still have two issues with my IIci. One of them is the cnopen issue
< > < during boot using the system console rather than serial.
< > <
< > < The other is that the kernel detects my video card, but it detects it as
< > < 640x480. It's a mac two-page mono and AFAIK it only does 1152x864. The X
< > < server loads and you can tell it's trying to do the right thing, but it
< > < just doesn't go.
< > <
< > < I'm running the latest netbsd/mac68k snapshot and I have an Apple 8*24
< > < GC hooked up to my mac two-page mono display. It actually does display
< >
< > Is this video card fully supported? Have you tried removing the card
< > and using a monitor connected to the on-board video?
<
< As per http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/info/info-2.html, this card is
< supposedly "working" (IE, it's listed under working video cards.) I have

You said that you had an 8*24 _GC_. The web page says that the 8*24 is
working but the 8*24 GC is not working.

The reason I asked it as a question rather than making a statement is
that the web page is dated 2001/02/04, so I didn't know if the status
had changed since.

The 8*24GC is the accelerated version of the 8*24 and there may be
problems with it for the same reason there may be problems with the
Iifx and Q9x0.

Mark Geary