Subject: Re: Portrait mono display
To: NetBSD List <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Emile Schwarz <emile.schwarz@wanadoo.fr>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/08/2002 07:43:00
>> ES> If you want 16 bits video (256 colors)
Copy/Paste error...

>"Would" is the right expression because the Quadra 700 unfortunately does
>not do 16 bit video.
Using Portrait mono display, otherwise it would...

I just verify on a Quadra 700 WITH 2MB of VRAM (full upgrade) connected to a 16" Color Display (Apple) and I got thousands of
colours (640 * 832)...

Emile

Hauke Fath wrote:

> At 13:13 Uhr -0500 7.3.2002, Andy Ball wrote:
> >  ES> If you want 16 bits video (256 colors)
> >                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> >I think that would give thousands of colours (32,768 or 65,535
> >depending on how Apple do things).
>
> "Would" is the right expression because the Quadra 700 unfortunately does
> not do 16 bit video.
>
>         hauke
>
> --
> /~\ The ASCII                      "Those who are willing to sacrifice
> \ / Ribbon Campaign                 essential liberties for a little order
>  X  Against HTML                    will lose both and deserve neither."
> / \ Email!                                                 Benjamin Franklin

/~\ The ASCII        “If I’d lived in Roman times, I’d lived in Rome.
\ / Ribbon Campaign  Where else ?  Today America is the Roman Empire
 X  Against HTML     and New York is Rome itself.”
/ \ Email!           John Winston-Ono Lennon, early 70’s.