Subject: Re: Daystar kernel info? LC experiences?
To: None <mor@linex.com>
From: Big Bird <geary@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/07/2002 20:29:45
< On Mon, 4 Mar 2002 17:45:39 -0800 (PST)
< Cameron Kaiser <spectre@stockholm.ptloma.edu> wrote:
<
< Let me repeat the original question above: is there any source of
< information (HOWTO or FAQ) for obtaining and using the Daystar
< patch?  If not, can you directly answer the question: where is this
< patch?  All I've found is a Google entry of a message from John
< Valdes with a diff from a couple months ago but after applying it,
< the kernel compile fails miserably.  BTW, I have a IIci with a
< PowerCache '030 50 Mhz no FPU.

http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/mac68k/info/info-2.html#ss2.2 says:

Note: Current kernels should boot just about any of the Daystar '030
(and probaby '040) accelerators.  However, two users have had trouble
getting an '030 accelerator to work on their Mac II's (which has an
'020 by default). Likewise, '030-users have had trouble getting '040
accelerator working with their machines.

The date at the bottom of the page says 2001/02/04. What was the current
kernel at that time?

I tried, once, to boot my IIci with a stock 1.5.2 kernel and a
Daystar '040 in it. It didn't work. Or was that OpenBSD? I can't
remember if it was before or after I put NetBSD on it.

Mark Geary