Subject: Re: Is it really faster?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Lorenz <ml@rz.uni-potsdam.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/06/2002 10:24:24
Hi there,

>I have a Performa 475 right now. Swapped the processors (took the 68040
>from a Quadra 700). However the P475 has less memory, 8Mb instead of
>68Mb in my Q700, but it is really flying! Can someone explain to me why
>it is much more faster than a Q700?
Well, the Q700's internal video sucks badly, my Quadra got nearly twice as fast just by adding a PDS video board. The picture quality is MUCH better too. It does 24 bit faster than the internal
video did 8 bit.
Ok, that isn't fair since the board in question is a miroRAINBOW GX for which you had to bring money in buckets to buy one and that isn't even supported by miro anymore :-(

habe fun
Michael