Subject: Re: Portrait mono display
To: Andy Ball <ball@cyberspace.org>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 03/06/2002 09:49:54
At 23:31 Uhr -0500 5.3.2002, Andy Ball wrote:
>Does anyone here happen to know whether I can plug an Apple portrait
>monochrome display into the on-board video port of a Quadra 700?

You can. I did the computer part of my physics diploma on exactly that
setup (minus NetBSD ;) in '93. Blew all the peecees out of the water.

>I'd also be interested in knowing whether X supports it.

Why shouldn't it? I don't know about 4 bit greyscale, though. You probably
have to have 2 MBytes VRAM in the box or live with 1 bit b/w.

	hauke

--
/~\ The ASCII	                   "Those who are willing to sacrifice
\ / Ribbon Campaign                 essential liberties for a little order