Subject: Re: MacBSD install
To: None <emile.schwarz@wanadoo.fr>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/28/2002 23:17:21
At 1:54 Uhr +0100 28.2.2002, Emile Schwarz wrote:
>Yes, I know, this is an Open Source - contributive effort - Free - OS, but

No but, top-poster. Sources are provided, and you may even get help if you
ask questions. Better not to expect others to do the work for you, though.

>>3. i have an italian keyboard. keys are messed up under console (and X).

There is a German X11 xmodmap on
	ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/contrib/Xmodmap/de/

- pointed to in the list archives  a few times - that you could work from.
No programming involved, simply start 'xev' and find out which key gives
which keycode.

'wscons' is MI and should provide loadable keymaps. There are none for
MacBSD because nobody ever got beyond complaining -- it's that simple.

An alternative if you find yourself working with the console a lot ('030
machine) is 'dt', available as a package. This may not have an Italian
mapping, either, but there are tables for other kbd layouts that you could
re-use.

My 0,02 EUR.

	hauke

--
/~\ The ASCII	                   "Those who are willing to sacrifice
\ / Ribbon Campaign                 essential liberties for a little order