Subject: Re: IP over SCSI, possible?
To: Karsten Kruse <tecneeq@gmx.net>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/26/2002 22:54:04
At 7:59 Uhr +0100 26.2.2002, Karsten Kruse wrote:
>Sure, this is a way, but i don't own such a card, and there are no "coolness
>points" to earn ;).

Understood.

>Unfortunately i don't know anything about SCSI nor much about C. Time to
>learn some stuff, if there will appear something useful i will inform the
>list.

Somebody has pointed out that your question is related to SCSI target mode,
i.e. the machine being able to operate as a target on the bus. Some time
ago, I read that this is actually targetted by NetBSD, enabling a NetBSD
box to work as a RAID controller.

You may get more information asking on the tech-kern and/or tech-net lists.

HTH,
	hauke

--
/~\ The ASCII	                   "Those who are willing to sacrifice
\ / Ribbon Campaign                 essential liberties for a little order