Subject: Re: Custom Kernel Problem
To: ghack yone <wackylpr@web.de>
From: Nigel Pearson <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/25/2002 11:59:07
> MacOS windows are still there...right after the so I sez...

	OK. It could be due to:

1) a bogus kernel (e.g. it doesn't do the MMU setup correctly,
                    and thus it never clears the display memory)

2) something preventing the Booted code from running
    (e.g. a whole heap of networking interrupts from some device
          causing the kernel to freak out. Is there a LocalTalk
          network active?)

3) something screwy with the environment variables being passed
    to the executing kernel
    (sometimes fixed by zapping the PRAM)

	1 or 2 is the most likely. Haven't seen 3 on any machine
except an AV Quadra.

--
|Nigel Pearson, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au  |=93Now the world has gone to =
bed,|
|Telstra iDevelopments, Sydney Australia| Darkness won=92t engulf my =
head,|
|  Office: 9206 3468    Fax:  9212 6329 | I can see by infrared,        =
|
|  Mobile: 0408 664435  Home: 9792 6998 | How I hate the night.=94 =
-Marvin|