Subject: Re: IP over SCSI, possible?
To: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@gatwood.net>
From: Nyef <nyef@softhome.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/23/2002 23:22:07
On Sat, 23 Feb 2002, David A. Gatwood wrote:

> Well, you'd be about 95% right.  At one time, either NetBSD or Linux
> halfway supported the Cabletron SCSI/Ethernet adapters... I think it was
> NetBSD, and it was done with a userland program.  It -might- still
> work....  Yeah, right.  :-)

Is this something that _should_ be a userland thing, or does it rightfully
belong in the kernel?

> About 95% of the SCSI/Ethernet adapters, though, are Asante interfaces,
> which at last count were completely unsupported and undocumented.

What about the Focus EtherLAN SC-T? I have one of these, but I don't have
the time to try and figure it out right now.

> David

All programming can be viewed as an exercise.
Alastair Bridgewater
e-mail: nyef@softhome.net