Subject: RE: compatible LC-PDS ethernet cards?
To: 'port-mac68k@netbsd.org' <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Dan Willson <Dan.Willson@VPUADV.UAB.EDU>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/21/2002 17:02:46
The chips in those Asante cards are made by National Semiconductor:
http://www.national.com/pf/DP/DP83902A.html

FWIW, I just upgraded a Performa 475 to a full '040 CPU and I read that it's
the same mainboard as a Quadra 605 (and one other model). I have an Asante
card (Mac Con-iLC, I believe), so now I'm also curious if these cards are
supported. FWIW, these old Asante cards don't like n-way switches -- they
can't negotiate a link, or at least under Mac OS (different under NetBSD,
perhaps?).

Wonder how often this group gets first-time posters in one day ... anyway,
I'll shut up and go back to lurking now ....

Cheers,
Dan

Daniel Willson
Web Content Coordinator