Subject: compatible LC-PDS ethernet cards?
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Kris Jones <shiny_razor@hotmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/21/2002 14:29:12
I've installed m68k/debian on another one of my IIcis and their notes say
that LC-PDS ethernet cards are not supported, regardless of chipset.

I realize NetBSD is a completely different animal, but I just want to
verify. I have several Q605s and LCs and they are pretty much worthless as
boxes without LC-PDS ethernet support.

According to the hardware status page
(http://www.macbsd.com/macbsd/macbsd-docs/ethernet.html)
it seems like cards based on the DP83902AV and DP83902AVLJ chipsets work.
(Who is the manufacturer of this chipset? )

Asante MacCon-i LC Q630? - DP83902AV current
Asante MacCon LCIII LCIII - DP83902AV current
Farallon EtherWave LC Q630? LCII DP83902AVLJ current

Anybody have any first-hand experience with a working LC-PDS ethernet card?
In a Q605? In an LC-series?

Thanks