Subject: problems installing 1.5.2
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Kris Jones <shiny_razor@hotmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/21/2002 12:13:29
I've been trying to install 1.5.2 on a IIci... I know the "easy to install"
binaries are not released yet, but I figured it was worth a try.

I was following Matt Theobald's NetBSD/mac68k Installation Guide, and I've
been having some problems:
(I'm not at the box right now, so excuse the ambiguous error syntax)

1. everything works find until the configuration boot... I type the commands
export TERM=vt100
tset vt100
clear
mount /dev/sd0a

and the mount command fails. I checked and /dev/sd0a is already mounted, so
I figure that the filesystem flag is already open, and continue on to the
next step.

2. I changed the the rc_configured=NO to rc_configured=YES, saved the
rc.conf and rebooted into multiuser,
but now I keep getting errors that getty can't open TTY or something to that
affect. It just sits and retries ever 15min or so, so I can't get anywhere.

What did I do wrong?

Any hints/tips?