Subject: Re: How to setup FTP-access?
To: None <pcoolsma@hetnet.nl>
From: Kris Jones <shiny_razor@hotmail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/21/2002 11:40:36
Hi guys!
First post, please be gentle!

Pieter,
the reason I think you're having 403 forbidden problems when trying to
access the files via the web is because Apache actually runs as a user on
machine. When you changed the owner of the directory I think you may have
ceased giving the Apache-user permission to those files.

When I set up Apache I had lots of trouble with permissions.

I can't remember the exact chmod syntax, but if you give world
read/write/run access to that directory you should be okay for ftp access.