Subject: Re: How to setup FTP-access?
To: Pieter Coolsma <pcoolsma@hetnet.nl>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/20/2002 14:09:06
Hi,

> I am able to connect using my user-account. I can browse the
> directories, but I can't create directories or files. It says I have no
> permission. I have setup my user-account so it can be root. Using Telnet
> I can control my Quadra 700 all the way!

I think I was confusing your email and another. The other was about anon
access.

Anyway, even if you can su with an account, you cannot do so while you are
logged in via ftp. It's extremely insecure.

If you're aware that it is insecure, then you can do two things; one, you
can change the ownership of the directories to your user account. Two, you
can make that user account replace root by taking out the root line in
/etc/master.passwd and changing the user number of your user account to 0.

John Klos