Subject: -current/in-kernel pppoe
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: til <tsteinmetz@khm.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/20/2002 17:13:59
Hi,

i use my Qudra 700 mainly for NATting and PPPOE connectivity. Additionally
i tried to install something like a gnutella client etc. Due to the fact
that i am a total newbie to NetBSD i pretty messed up my system recently,
for example on booting it now prints "wscons.conf: not found" several
times. I can still log in locally but it does not accept telnet connections
anymore. rp-pppoe is still running, thats why i can still write this mail ;).

I think the best way would be to reinstall everything. Now i read that the
in-kernel pppoe in netbsd-current is much faster that the rp-pppoe one. i
wonder if it makes sense to install a netbsd-current and set up everything
using the in-kernel pppoe. Unfortunately i didn't find much information on
how to set it up in a way that it automatically connects and re-connects if
connection is lost (which was quite easy with rp-pppoe) so it runs
unattended. Can anyone point me to a "how-to" on setting up a simple NetBSD
system for ADSL routing / nat-ting using the in kernel pppoe ?

Till