Subject: Re: newfs, libsa, ide and the Booter
To: None <nigel@ind.tansu.com.au>
From: Bob Nestor <rnestor@murphy.dyndns.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/18/2002 18:51:13
On Monday, February 18, 2002, at 05:39 PM, nigel@ind.tansu.com.au wrote:

>> These problems are probably related to using X's "newfs".
>
> 	Probably, though instkernel created partitions that have
> been tested by some of our Japanese users have a similar problem.
>

> 	What format does instkernel create? Does libsa/ufs.c read it?

The instkernel in mac68k uses "newfs -N" (not -O) from NetBSD.  The
advantage of this over the old MacOS applications is that we always pick
up the version of newfs from the NetBSD we're building from.  The old
MacOS mkfs application has an old version of newfs code from an ancient
version of NetBSD.  As far as I could tell it has never been updated.

-bob