Subject: Re: mac68k kernel 1.5.2 build
To: None <collver@linuxfreemail.com>
From: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/13/2002 16:03:41
Hi,

> Thank you so much for the answer.  With this information, I think it would
> be wise for me to just disable COMPAT_LINUX.  My plan of folly was to try
> running Mozilla from Debian since I lack the memory to compile it myself.
> (http://debian.oanet.com/debian-non-US/pool/non-US/main/m/mozilla/mozilla_0.9.7-6_m68k.deb)
> ha ha

I'm interested in seeing Linux ABI translation work; to that end, I'm
trying to get the new 2.95 gcc toolchain and ELF stuff running on one of
my Amigas; when I do so, I'll make a Mac68k snapshot for everyone and for
one of my Macs to test native building.

As it stands, the only m68k Linux binary I have doesn't appear to work
yet;  I'm not sure if this is due to problems with the ABI translation,
the need for Linux libraries, the fact that port-Amiga uses 8k pages...
but I'm more concerned with getting the toolchain to self-build. Maybe
Frederick might have a guess..

More information as it comes.

John Klos
Sixgirls Computing Labs