Subject: Re: mac68k kernel 1.5.2 build
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: None <collver@linuxfreemail.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/13/2002 09:33:00
On Wed, Feb 13, 2002 at 10:25:00AM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 collver@linuxfreemail.com wrote:
>
> > Is this known, and is there an easy fix other than disabling COMPAT_LINUX?
>
> It is known:
>
>   http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=15334
>
> You'd need to add 'options EXEC_ELF', at least, but that's not
> guaranteed to work on a.out (which is the binary format for 1.5.2). Your
> best bet, if you have m68k/linux binaries you want to run, is to switch
> to ELF/current. ELF isn't even the default binary format on current yet,
> so if you're really leery of current, you might want to wait on that.

Thank you so much for the answer.  With this information, I think it would
be wise for me to just disable COMPAT_LINUX.  My plan of folly was to try
running Mozilla from Debian since I lack the memory to compile it myself.
(http://debian.oanet.com/debian-non-US/pool/non-US/main/m/mozilla/mozilla_0.9.7-6_m68k.deb)
ha ha

Thanks again,

Ben