Subject: ksh and ssh questions
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Big Bird <geary@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/2002 17:08:03
I've got a Quadra 610 running OpenBSD 2.9 and a IIci that used to run
OpenBSD 2.9 and now runs NetBSD 1.5.2. Connection to the Q610 with ssh
generally takes 5-10 seconds. Connecting to the IIci when it was
running OpenBSD used to take 15-30 seconds. Now, connecting to the
IIci when it is running NetBSD takes about 7 minutes. What might cause
this difference?

Secondly, I'm using the Korn shell on both machines. They both claim
to be the same version (PD KSH v5.2.14 99/07/13.2). The first few
lines of my .env are:

if [ ! -o interactive ]; then
    return
fi

On the OpenBSD machine this works as intended. On the NetBSD machine I
get things like this:

bree 0 3:09pm:/usr/share/misc> man tput
[: interactive: unexpected operator

What's up?