Subject: Re: New snapshot
To: None <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Takeshi Shibagaki <ie9t-sbgk@asahi-net.or.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/12/2002 23:39:54
Hi,

From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 07:45:50 -0600 (CST)

fredb> > Space> Well, we could view it as a nudge to go ELF... ;-)
> > OK, if it is, there is no problem.

fredb> > Space> Hangup is a (written) procedure to convert from a.out to ELF?

> > No, it has almost been complete. if I get an account, I want to begin
> > converting immediatelly. But there is no answer from accounts@netbsd.org.

fredb> I believe Steve means "for users". I have it down what to do, I just
fredb> need to write it out.

Aha, I understood. I don't know meaning for "hangup" because I don't
use a dictionaly. I'm sorry.

Do you need how to update from source? I tried some methods but it is
easy and sure that a method updates from binary snapshot.

Secondry sure method is using a.out => elf cross compile with new
toolchain.

fredb> By the way, I don't think we should switch until final resolution of
fredb> PR's port-m68k/15528 and port-mac68k/15514.

In port-m68k/15514, thorpej-san will work fine though I recognize some
problems around gnu toolchain.

# I have never done i386 => m68k cross compile. There is no large problem
# in self compile but trivial one exists.

In port-mac68k/15528, umm, I'm also going to analize.

Takeshi Shibagaki
ie9t-sbgk@asahi-net.or.jp