Subject: Hardware question: Terminating internal/external SCSI
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Marc Coevoet <mcv@wanadoo.be>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/11/2002 18:52:12
Hi,

I found a Quadra 840AV that just has some useful parts inside.

The HD(500Mb) from that quadra seems to work as internal HD in a IIsi,
but not when I put it in an external box.
I've seen that there are dipswitches that read: PD, A0, A1, A2.
I guess a dip switch needs to be replaced, cause when the disk is
in an external box, SCSIProbe complains my scsichain is not
terminated.  (I have put a terminator on the external scsibox,
no solution)

At this moment the PD-switch is connected, not A0 etc.
If I remember well, I've seen a HD where A0 was connected in an
external box.

Marc