Subject: Re: Another Newbie Question...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Peter H. Froehlich <pfroehli@ics.uci.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/07/2002 20:50:36
Hi!

On Thursday, February 7, 2002, at 04:35 , Cameron Kaiser wrote:

> Yes, and yes. At present MacOS is needed to initialise the
> hardware. There
> is work in progress to allow self-booting on some systems, but
> such things
> would naturally be hardware-specfic.

Alright, that leads to another question on my part: What is the
latest MacOS version that I can run on a Quadra 840AV (or a Quadra
800, the other machine I have) and where do I get it? Do I have to
buy an old OS from Apple? Both of my machines currently have some
version of MacOS installed, but I would rather start with a "clean
install" of MacOS that is as small as possible.

Peter
--
Peter H. Froehlich []->[!]<-[] http://nil.ics.uci.edu/~phf/