Subject: Re: How to change colors?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/07/2002 22:09:36
At 9:21 AM -0500 2/7/02, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

>Don't see it in the open PR's (or in options(4)).

Maybe it was lost in the mists of history. Oh well :(

>The more capable i386 console looks good -- it's white on black with green
>and brown and a few other colors thrown in -- but I prefer black on white
>on the Mac, too. The colors you get on the Mac are kind of a crap shoot
>-- twenty-four bit color on my 840 AV gives me a horribly unviewable purple
>on black -- so I'd welcome an option to nail that down.

The console code is pretty simple, really. It just clears bits where its
background and fills bits where it's supposed to paint foreground. I find
it odd that your 24 bit mode displays purple for 0xFFFFFFF... Hmmm. An odd
twist to 840AV hardware. Oh! Wait! Perhaps the code thinks you are in *32*
bit mode and it's writing 0xFFFFFFFF which would be white with a full-on
alpha channel, which on the 840 might mean "show the AV input", which,
unless you have something hooked up to the AV input, might be purple or
blue. Try hooking up something to your video-in and I'll bet you'll see it
inside your text! :-) Hehe!

This is good to know.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org
 "I'm too old to use Emacs." -- Rod MacDonald