Subject: Re: LC PDS Ethernet Cards
To: Matthew <mtheobalds@mac.com>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/07/2002 16:43:16
At 1:55 PM +0000 2/7/02, Matthew wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>I have a computer which requires an PDS Ethernet card to be able to
>give it Ethernet connectivity.
>
>I note that Nubus and PDS slots are very similar, (just that the
>Nubus slot is missing the bit on the end). Is it possible to convert
>a Nubus card to work in a PDS slot? Perhaps having to jump a couple
>of pins at the end?

"I have a computer which requires a PDS card" doesn't quite tell us
enough. PDS tells how the bus "speaks" with the CPU, but it doesn't
actually tell us what kind of slot it is. My Mac SE (NOT 030) has a
PDS slot. So does the SE/30...however, you can't use the same card in
each. Then there are units in the 610/6100 class that have the PDS
slot which has a NuBus converter (a right angle thing).

Mike
--
Bikers don't *DO* taglines.