Subject: Re: How to change colors?
To: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/07/2002 08:21:52
On Thu, 7 Feb 2002, Michael R. Zucca wrote:

> I seem to recall that I submitted a patch to do reverse video (white on
> black) a long time ago. Why don't we just make this the default build
> option? Of course, I don't remember if the patch "undid" the reverse video
> for 16 bit mode. That should also be done.

Don't see it in the open PR's (or in options(4)).

> Black on white is pretty much unuseable for any kind of long-term use. It
> shouldn't be the default.

The more capable i386 console looks good -- it's white on black with green
and brown and a few other colors thrown in -- but I prefer black on white
on the Mac, too. The colors you get on the Mac are kind of a crap shoot
-- twenty-four bit color on my 840 AV gives me a horribly unviewable purple
on black -- so I'd welcome an option to nail that down.

Frederick