Subject: Re: How to change colors?
To: Matthew <mtheobalds@mac.com>
From: Michael R. Zucca <mrz5149@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/07/2002 09:06:59
At 8:57 AM -0500 2/7/02, Matthew wrote:
>On Thursday, February 7, 2002, at 08:01  am, Pieter Coolsma wrote:
>
>> When I boot into NetBSD I get a white background with black characters.
>> Is
>> it possible to change this? For example black background and white
>> characters.
>
>This seems to come up quite frequently. How about adding it to the FAQ?

I think it's already in the FAQ.

This is often the first thing people want to change and they have no idea
how, especially when they come from other systems with more video support
than we have.

I seem to recall that I submitted a patch to do reverse video (white on
black) a long time ago. Why don't we just make this the default build
option? Of course, I don't remember if the patch "undid" the reverse video
for 16 bit mode. That should also be done.

Black on white is pretty much unuseable for any kind of long-term use. It
shouldn't be the default.

 Michael Zucca - mrz5149@acm.org
 "I'm too old to use Emacs." -- Rod MacDonald