Subject: RE: serial ports
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Big Bird <geary@acm.org>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/06/2002 13:02:23
"Eagle" <eagle243@mac.com> writes:
< I'm down with that...but I just don't have the money to buy an Asante
< EN/SC for every one of my compacts. :)
<
< There's a MacOS product called IPNetRouter that does what I want, but
< it's $90.  Since this is for a hobby project, I don't want to spend the
< cash on that... :(

If it's MacIP routing you're looking for, consider a Gatorbox. These
are wonderful devices which cost a couple thousand when new and cost a
couple of sawbucks today used. There are usually several offered on
ebay each month.

They will also translate LPD protocol to the AppleTalk printing
protocol (PAP, I think?). So you can print from your NetBSD box to
that LaserWriter Select 360 gathering dust.

Mark Geary