Subject: Re: serial ports
To: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@mac.com>
From: Eagle <eagle243@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/06/2002 09:36:58
On Tuesday, February 5, 2002, at 09:57 , Michael G. Schabert wrote:
> At 9:48 PM -0500 2/5/02, Eagle wrote:

>>> NetBSD cannot do LocalTalk. The serial ports can be used for serial,
>>> or for SLIP/PPP, but not for AppleTalk. NetAtalk can only be used via
>>> the Ethernet ports.
>>
>> Is there anyone working on that?  I don't mind learning and doing what
>> I can to help the NetBSD project.
>
> Not to my knowledge...I think that 230kbps LocalTalk is dead enough.
> Viva La Ethernet! ;-)

I'm down with that...but I just don't have the money to buy an Asante
EN/SC for every one of my compacts. :)

There's a MacOS product called IPNetRouter that does what I want, but
it's $90.  Since this is for a hobby project, I don't want to spend the
cash on that... :(

In looking through old archives of various lists, I found that Bill
Stundenmund (did I spell that correctly?) was working on it at one
time.  I mailed him but have yet to get a response.

Thanks for the info.

Eagle