Subject: Quadra 840AV Question...
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Peter H. Froehlich <pfroehli@ics.uci.edu>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/02/2002 21:18:13
Hi there!

I am new to this list, so please don't grill me immediately. :-) I
have a Quadra 800 and a Quadra 840AV standing around and I want to
put NetBSD on one of them.

So far I thought that the 840AV would be the "best" machine for
this as it is the fastest Apple 68k machine out there. However,
reading over some of the docs on the netbsd.org website I noticed
that the 800 is actually supported better than the 840AV,
especially when it comes to networking and audio. Is that still the
case or is the document on the website just out of date (I think
it's from 1998)?

Any hints would be welcome, as would be contact with someone who is
running NetBSD on a 840AV and would be willing to chat with me
about it by email.

Thanks,
Peter
--