Subject: ibm dors-32160 problems
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: None <PaulMac2@aol.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 02/02/2002 21:00:15
I have been trying to get NetBSD installed and running
on a IICI with an IBM DORS-32160 2GB drive.  The
disklabel looks like

HFS_PART at 96 size 122880
A/UX Root at 122976 size 3801710
Swap at 3924686 size 302032
APPLE_FREE at 4226718 size 7

mkfs seems to think that this drive has 125 sec/trk,
5 trks/cyl, 512 bytes/sec, and 6703 total cyls.  Using
the Mac68k Install tool, I cannot install all of base.
It gets about 80% of the way done, then quits with the
error "alloccgblk: can't find blk in cyl".

If I boot NetBSD anyway and try to install the rest of
base and the other kits using tar, it completes with no
errors. But as it boots, it complains about not getting
back anything usable from sense mode, and is using a
"fictitious geometry."  Then, when I try to install
additional software on the running system using
pkg_add, after a couple of successes I get only kernel
panics.

I have tried playing around with the geometry using
figures I have found for IBM DORS-32160 in other
discussion groups and web sites, but so far no
improvement.

Any thoughts as to what to try next?
--
Thanks and Regards,