Subject: Re: new snapshot
To: None <wormey@eskimo.com>
From: Takeshi Shibagaki <sibagaki@lsi.melco.co.jp>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/30/2002 14:41:24
Hi, Steve-san

>>>>> On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 18:57:00 -0800, wormey@eskimo.com (Space Case) said:

Space> On Jan 30, 11:01am, Takeshi Shibagaki wrote:
Space> Also, the last time I tried, the relase
Space> machinery was broken.  I have a new attempt ongoing...

>> In my local, I have repaired "make release" in -current.

Space> Cool.  What did you fix?  When I tried, I hit two problems.  First was:

I have fixed this two problems in my local enviroment. But there are
other problems. For example, src/etc/etc.mac68k/Makefile.inc, etc.

Space> In distrib/utils/sysinst/arch/mac68k/md.c there was an undefined variable lp.
Space> I added lines to pull in sys/param.h and sys/disklabel.h, and declared lp to
Space> be 'struct disklabel lp;'.  Things all compiled OK then.  Second problem:

I added only "struct disklabel lp;".

Space> It goes to build the ramdisk, vnconfig is OK, but when it tries to newfs it,
Space> it says:
Space> newfs: ioctl (WDINFO): Invalid argument
Space> newfs: /dev/rvnd0a: can't rewrite disk label

Space> And I have no idea what to do about that...

In src/distrib/mac68k/instkernel/ramdisk/Makefile

  #		disklabel -rw ${VND_CDEV} ${DISKTYPE}
+		-disklabel ${VND} >tmplabel
+		disklabel -r -R ${VND} tmplabel
		newfs -m 0 -o space -i 5120 ${VND_RDEV}

Takeshi Shibagaki