Subject: NetBSD/mac68k on PowerBook 190: ADB Problem
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Burkhard Schmidt <520059549844-0001@t-online.de>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/20/2002 08:09:54
Hello,

I've managed to install NetBSD/mac68k 1.5.2 on my old PowerBook 190. The
installation sits on an external Quantum SCSI harddisk attached to the
built-in SCSI port. Booting NetBSD using the SBC kernel works fine, but
as soon as I'm asked to choose a shell, I'm stuck: Neither the built-in
nor the attached Apple ADB keyboard is recognised.

It seems that this is an ADB problem. The NetBSD_ROM application states
the following, among many other:

Basic hardware required for NetBSD/mac68k is present, but the following
 things might be problems that need to be considered:
    ADB interrupt address is required
    PM ADB interrupt address is required

I'd be very glad if someone could advise me how to solve this problem.

Regards, Burkhard.