Subject: Re: New ELF snapshot
To: Reinier Jonker <rjgjonker@xs4all.nl>
From: Space Case <wormey@eskimo.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/15/2002 17:55:09
On Jan 15,  8:09pm, Reinier Jonker wrote:
>On dinsdag, januari 15, 2002, at 05:21  PM, Reinier Jonker wrote:
>> On maandag, januari 14, 2002, at 04:29  AM, Space Case wrote:
>>> I have uploaded a new ELF snapshot to:
>>> ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/mac68k/snapshot/elfnt-20020112/binary/
>>
>> Can I use the upgrade procedure described in the 1.5.2 INSTALL file?
>
>Additionally, do I have to reinstall etc.tgz?
>Not installing would save me the trouble of reconfiguring, but if there
>are essential modifications, I guess I would need to do so.

I personally am not qualified to answer that -- I had the luxury of having
a second disk to install on and was able to unpack everything from within
NetBSD onto it.  Although, I would think that if your /etc was fairly recent,
it should work OK.  I have a 1.4-vintage /etc on my a.out disk, and aside
from a couple of minor complaints, it still works OK.

And speaking of a.out, I'm in the process of building an a.out -current
snapshot for those who want bleeding edge but aren't quite ready for ELF. ;)

~Steve

--
Steve Allen - wormey@eskimo.com   http://www.eskimo.com/~wormey/   ICQ 6709819

	-Kyle Hearn  <kyle@intex.net>