Subject: Re: Some compiling/building problems
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: David A. Gatwood <dgatwood@gatwood.net>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/12/2002 16:29:24
On Sat, 12 Jan 2002, gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 12, 2002 at 02:31:18PM -0800, David A. Gatwood wrote:
> > Anyway, what problems should I expect if I build and install a current as
> > from sources and install it into my current system?  Any suggestions?
>
> I'm a little unclear what branch of the sources your current system
> is on (netbsd-1-4?)

You're going to cringe.  It's an approx. 1.4 userland, patched up with a
custom kernel (that it looks like I built myself back in 1999...), and
slightly updated libkvm and associated utilities to match the kernel,
IIRC, with security updates for about a dozen programs.

> and where you're trying to go (netbsd-1-5?
> -current?).

Actually, I'm not trying to upgrade anything, just build a kernel.  The
machine I'm using for the build is the only 68k machine I have with disk
space, else I'd build it elsewhere.  I'm actually going to use it on my
home machine, which is even slightly more hideous.

Later,
David

                    Check out my weekly web comic:
                     http://www.techmagazine.org