Subject: Re: ae0: device timeout on 1.5.x
To: John Valdes <valdes@uchicago.edu>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/02/2002 20:25:41
On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 10:05:15PM -0600, John Valdes wrote:
> The graphics card is a RasterOps 24S, and I also have an Applied
> Engineering QuadraLink card (4-port serial card) installed.  The
> RasterOps 24S is unrecognized but works in 1-bit mode w/o SLOTMAN
> (this has always been the case, since 1.2), and the QuadraLink has
> never been supported, even with SLOTMAN (it's still waiting for me to
> write a driver for it... ;) ).

Hmmm...  The video interrupt for the 24S is likely to be similar to one
of the other RasterOps cards.  I see support for the video interrupt for
the 8/24 XLi, 24XlTV, 24MxTV, and PaintBoard Prism GT 1.0.  If you're at
least a C dabbler, you could try adding support for the 24S by making it
look something like the 24LXI in grf_nubus.c (add a case for it around
line 314 in the -current grf_nubus.c).  Or, if you'd like me to build a
kernel for you, send me the information that's printed out on the same
line as the "unrecognized"--especially the 4 16-bit hex numbers...

The QuadraLink is probably OK as long as it's not been enabled for use
in MacOS -- hopefully it'll stay quiet.  ;-)

-allen

 http://www.wasabisystems.com/    Quality NetBSD CDs, Sales, Support, Service
NetBSD dev. for _your_ Alpha, ARM, M68K, MIPS, PowerPC, SH3, Sparc, x86, etc...