Subject: Re: Easy to follow NAMED & SSHD....
To: Mac 68k NetBSD <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Roger Fischer <rogerf1@mac.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/02/2002 07:17:50
>On Sunday, December 30, 2001, at 06:19 PM, Don Yuniskis wrote:
>
>>>Anyone know a nice, easy to follow How To for setting up Named?

This has been hashed out a lot here lately.
You'd probably be better off using simple hosts files.

But, if you've GOT to set up BIND (like me) because you are looking
for to 3 hour solution to the 10 minute problem (like me), this will
get you well on your way, and help you understand what you are doing.

	http://www.linux.org/docs/ldp/howto/DNS-HOWTO.html

It starts with a caching only name server, then moves onto adding a
local domain.  The recommendation to get the O'Reilly book still
stands.

Good Luck,

Rog