Subject: Re: NTP gone haywire.
To: None <port-mac68k@netbsd.org>
From: Donald Lee <donlee_68k@icompute.com>
List: port-mac68k
Date: 01/01/2002 19:50:47
I managed to get ntpd working on my 68K macs, but only certain
versions would stay up.  It appears that if the clock gets off
"too much" or is deemed "too unstable", then ntpd gives up.

I don't remember what builds I ended up using, I just kept
trying different ones until one stayed up. ;->

I got my version from the "main" ntp site - I think it was at
udel.edu......?

I should mention that under heavy load, ntpd is not capable of
correcting the clock, as it drifts too fast.  I only saw this when
*really* abusing the machine for testing purposes.

-dgl-